음성기호: [ ɔ:'θɔriti ] 발음
명사 복수: authorities
- "You have no moral authority to say this."
말을 할 수 있는 도덕적 권위가 없단 내용이에요
- No,no,no. - You cannotundermine my authority... - yeah.
다른 인턴 앞에서 내 권위를 무너뜨리면 안 돼
- I WILL TURN YOU OVER TO CIVILIAN AUTHORITIES,
해상에서 벌어진 당신의 범죄에 양형을 할 권한이 없어요
- Authorities are describing this person as 5'2", white, female.
경찰에 의하면 범인은 키가 160cm쯤 되는 백인 여성으로
- You have no authority, and your voice...
넌 권위라고는 없는 데다 네 목소리는 네가 긴장하면
- We got the command authority of the blue force.
우리는 푸른 힘의 명령 권한 을 얻었다.
- You're lucky we don't call the authorities.
너는 운이 좋아 우리가 당국에 연락을 안했으니까
- Defying his orders... it's a huge challenge to his authority.
그의 명령을 거역한다는 건 그의 권위에 도전한다는 거니까요
- Authorities are now questioning the stage director and crew.
경찰은 무대감독 등 공연 관계자들을 불러 사고 경위를 조사하고 있습니다
- It was like every bad '60s novel about meaningless authority.
네 - 1960년대 최악의 소설처럼 - 권위를 즐기는 거죠
- official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
유의어: authorization, authorisation, sanction,
- the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
유의어: authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so,
- freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
유의어: assurance, self-assurance, confidence, self-confidence, sureness,
- an authoritative written work; "this book is the final authority on the life of Milton"
- an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
유의어: agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office,
- an expert whose views are taken as definitive; "he is an authority on corporate law"
- (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others; "the authorities have issued a curfew"