음성기호: [ lait ] 발음
동사 과거: lighted 동사 과거분사: lighted 동사 현재분사: lighting
- Maybe he's anti-God, bringing darkness instead of light.
아마 그는 빛 대신 어둠을 가져오는 적 그리스도일거요
- Can you ask Gus to fix that light?
왜요? - 거스한테 저 조명 좀 고쳐달라고 해주실래요?
- But you never let that loss diminish your light.
하지만 넌 결코 네 밝은 성격을 잃지 않았어
- Remember, the others light up green in your visors.
기억해, 디 아더스는 장치를 통해 보면 녹색으로 보여
- For his is a tale written in light everlasting.
그의 이야기는 모두의 마음에 빛처럼 영원히 남을 것이기에!
- Wake and face the light, or slumber into oblivion.
일어나 빛을 찾던지 아니면 망각 속에 잠이 들겠죠
- No, I mean, I'm gonna light this candle.
아뇨, 이 초에 불을 붙일 거예요 (다른 뜻으로 이해)
- Young Wizard, may the Creator's light illuminate your path.
젊은 마법사님, 창조주님의 빛이 당신이 길을 환히 밝히시길..
- She's 6, light brown hair, gorgeous blue eyes.
6살, 황갈색 머리에 예쁜 파란 눈동자를 가졌고
- I work with light. I work with energy.
나는 빛과 함께 일해요 나는 에너지와 일해요
- with few burdens; "experienced travellers travel light"
유의어: lightly, lightly,
- with few burdens; "experienced travellers travel light"
유의어: lightly, lightly, 형용사
- characterized by or emitting light; "a room that is light when the shutters are open"; "the inside of the house was airy and light"
- (used of color) having a relatively small amount of coloring agent; "light blue"; "light colors such as pastels"; "a light-colored powder"
- of comparatively little physical weight or density; "a light load"; "magnesium is a light metal--having a specific gravity of 1.74 at 20 degrees C"
- psychologically light; especially free from sadness or troubles; "a light heart"
- not great in degree or quantity or number; "a light sentence"; "a light accent"; "casualties were light"; "light snow was falling"; "light misty rain"; "light smoke from the chimney"
- (physics, chemistry) not having atomic weight greater than average; "light water is ordinary water"
- of little intensity or power or force; "the light touch of her fingers"; "a light breeze"
- of the military or industry; using (or being) relatively small or light arms or equipment; "light infantry"; "light cavalry"; "light industry"; "light weapons"
- casual and unrestrained in sexual behavior; "her easy virtue"; "he was told to avoid loose (or light) women"; "wanton behavior"
유의어: easy, loose, promiscuous, sluttish, wanton,
- (used of soil) loose and large-grained in consistency; "light soil"
- (of sleep) easily disturbed; "in a light doze"; "a light sleeper"; "a restless wakeful night"
- demanding little effort; not burdensome; "light housework"; "light exercise"
- having relatively few calories; "diet cola"; "light (or lite) beer"; "lite (or light) mayonnaise"; "a low-cal diet"
유의어: lite, low-cal, calorie-free,
- easily assimilated in the alimentary canal; not rich or heavily seasoned; "a light diet"
- designed for ease of movement or to carry little weight; "light aircraft"; "a light truck"
- moving easily and quickly; nimble; "the dancer was light and graceful"; "a lightsome buoyant step"; "walked with a light tripping step"
유의어: lightsome, tripping,
- (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims; "efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"; "clear laughter like a waterfall"; "clear reds and blues"; "a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
유의어: clean, clear, unclouded,
- silly or trivial; "idle pleasure"; "light banter"; "light idle chatter"
- intended primarily as entertainment; not serious or profound; "light verse"; "a light comedy"
- having little importance; "losing his job was no light matter"
- (used of vowels or syllables) pronounced with little or no stress; "a syllable that ends in a short vowel is a light syllable"; "a weak stress on the second syllable"
유의어: unaccented, weak,
- less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so; "a light pound"; "a scant cup of sugar"; "regularly gives short weight"
유의어: scant, short,
- marked by temperance in indulgence; "abstemious with the use of adverbs"; "a light eater"; "a light smoker"; "ate a light supper"
- very thin and insubstantial; "thin paper"; "light summer dresses"
- weak and likely to lose consciousness; "suddenly felt faint from the pain"; "was sick and faint from hunger"; "felt light in the head"; "a swooning fit"; "light-headed with wine"; "light-headed from lack of sleep"
유의어: faint, swooning, light-headed, lightheaded, 동사
- make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
유의어: illume, illumine, light up, illuminate,
- begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
유의어: light up, fire up,
- alight from (a horse)
유의어: unhorse, dismount, get off, get down,
- to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
유의어: alight, perch,
- fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
- cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
유의어: ignite, 명사
- any device serving as a source of illumination; "he stopped the car and turned off the lights"
유의어: light source,
- a device for lighting or igniting fuel or charges or fires; "do you have a light?"
유의어: lighter, igniter, ignitor,
- the visual effect of illumination on objects or scenes as created in pictures; "he could paint the lightest light and the darkest dark"
- merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance; "he had a sparkle in his eye"; "there''s a perpetual twinkle in his eyes"
유의어: sparkle, twinkle, spark,
- the quality of being luminous; emitting or reflecting light; "its luminosity is measured relative to that of our sun"
유의어: luminosity, brightness, brightness level, luminance, luminousness,
- public awareness; "it brought the scandal to light"
- mental understanding as an enlightening experience; "he finally saw the light"; "can you shed light on this problem?"
- a particular perspective or aspect of a situation; "although he saw it in a different light, he still did not understand"
- a visual warning signal; "they saw the light of the beacon"; "there was a light at every corner"
- an illuminated area; "he stepped into the light"
- a person regarded very fondly; "the light of my life"
- (physics) electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation; "the light was filtered through a soft glass window"
유의어: visible light, visible radiation,
- having abundant light or illumination; "they played as long as it was light"; "as long as the lighting was good"
- a condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination; "follow God''s light"