음성기호: [ 'setl ] 발음"settle" 예문
- Whatever we have to settle, it can wait.
우리 사이에 문제가 뭐든간에, 지금은 힘을 합쳐야죠
- But I'll just settle for understanding it first.
저는 그걸 최초로 눈치챘다는 점에 만족할 겁니다
- Why should I settle when other men won't?
왜 다들 달릴 때 나만 멈춰야 해?
- You and Henry settle on a weekend yet? What?
너랑 헨리는 언제 주말로 할 지 정했어?
- If you drop the independent inspections, they will settle.
외부 감사 조건만 포기하면 저쪽도 합의할 거에요
- All the more reason to settle this.
니 고용주에 대해 물었거든 이름까지 대면서 말이야
- I'm no thief. I settle my debts.
아뇨, 나 도둑놈 아녜요 빚 청산하러 왔다고요
- I mean, why settle for just one?
내 말은 왜 항상 한명하고만 살아야되는 거야?
- He will meet with tribal elders to settle land disputes.
그는 토지분쟁을 해결하기 위해 부족 장로를 만날 겁니다
- We're going to settle on the courthouse steps or something?
이제 어떻게 해요? 그럼 법원 가서 합의하는 거예요?
- a long wooden bench with a back
유의어: settee, 동사
- come as if by falling; "Night fell"; "Silence fell"
유의어: fall, descend,
- take up residence and become established; "The immigrants settled in the Midwest"
- form a community; "The Swedes settled in Minnesota"
- become settled or established and stable in one''s residence or life style; "He finally settled down"
유의어: root, take root, steady down, settle down,
- make final; put the last touches on; put into final form; "let''s finalize the proposal"
유의어: finalize, finalise, nail down,
- establish or develop as a residence; "He settled the farm 200 years ago"; "This land was settled by Germans"
- become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet; "The roar settled to a thunder"; "The wind settled in the West"; "it is settling to rain"; "A cough settled in her chest"; "Her mood settled into lethargy"
- bring to an end; settle conclusively; "The case was decided"; "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"; "The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
유의어: decide, resolve, adjudicate,
- settle conclusively; come to terms; "We finally settled the argument"
유의어: square off, square up, determine,
- end a legal dispute by arriving at a settlement; "The two parties finally settled"
- come to terms; "After some discussion we finally made up"
유의어: reconcile, patch up, make up, conciliate,
- accept despite lack of complete satisfaction; "We settled for a lower price"
- get one''s revenge for a wrong or an injury; "I finally settled with my old enemy"
유의어: get back,
- arrange or fix in the desired order; "She settled the teacart"
- fix firmly; "He ensconced himself in the chair"
- sink down or precipitate; "the mud subsides when the waters become calm"
- cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids)
- become clear by the sinking of particles; "the liquid gradually settled"
- come to rest
- settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground; "dust settled on the roofs"
유의어: settle down,
- go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
유의어: sink, go down, go under,
- dispose of; make a financial settlement